21 October 2012

Now and then


Song to play: Let's Just Fall In Love Again by Jason Castro





You know your childhood is over when you fall asleep on the couch and wake up on the couch.


Have you ever heard or read over this saying? It is all over the Twitter (on my timeline, at least). And I had mixed reactions inside.


When I was a kid, I often fell asleep in front of the television while watching or laid soundly on the bare floor. Whether I was playing Scrabble and games or doing homework, you name it. And the next morning usually I'll wake up realizing I'm on my cozy bed covered with warm tender and fluffy blanket (exaggerated, of course). At earlier moments I'll be wondering, "oh my.. how do I get here?"


But things changed now, no? Whether you sleep on your study table and your mom wake you up to tell you to get on the bed, or you sleep on the couch and wake up on couch (well most probably on the floor) :B


When we're in that particular phase, we can't seem to see it moving. During our childhood days, it felt like forever to get older, don't you think? I still remember how I can't wait to get in secondary school and enroll university and get my dream job. The list goes on..


Next phase is called the phase of adolescence, which I am nearly at the end of it. We wonder how fast time flies? Could it be that time moves at the speed of light? That things change so quick, that we grew up in a blink of the eye.


That we are 19 now.

The 'we' here is referred to me myself. It is a free entity, you can choose who entitled for that noun :)




Part of getting older is realizing that you can integrate all these different areas of your life, rather than the adolescent mindset, which for me lasted a long time, which says, "It's all or nothing." ―Chris Robinson.



An adolescent is somebody who is in between things. A teenager is somebody who's kind of permanently there. And so living with them through the various teenage hopes and sorrows and joys was curiously enough a maturing experience for me. ―Andrew Greeley.



The day the child realizes that all adults are imperfect, he becomes and adolescent; the day he forgives them, he becomes an adult; the day he forgives himself, he becomes wise. ―Alden Nowlan.


Sorry for spamming your eyes with these aimless adolescent quotes, haha. And no, today is not my birthday.


          And oh, I'll hold your hand when we drive
          And we'll lose track of all the time
          And we'll tell everyone that
          We ain't never felt so alive

2 comments:

  1. For me, when I wake up the next morning, the things that I'd be saying to myself are either,
    "it's morning already? when did I fell asleep?" or
    "what's the time now? seven o'clock!? my subuh prayer!" or
    "so sleepy... let me sleep a bit more".
    And the third one are the most common these days :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. "So lonely.. let me sleep a bit more."

    Hahah. That just happened to me this morning, LOL :p

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! :)